Code of Conduct & Policies
We offer a positive, safe and respectful environment for all, and encourage all Campers to demonstrate respectful and appropriate behaviour. To ensure that Camp Katonim is fun and exciting, for everyone, there are some basic rules that must be followed to maintain a safe and healthy environment for all campers. Please check out our Parent Handbook.
As a camper at Camp Katonim, I agree that I will:
- Always try to do my best
- Be kind and respectful to everyone at camp
- Be responsible for my own actions
- Keep my hands to myself
- Respect other people’s property
- Have fun in ways that are safe to others and myself
- Not use profanity or say unkind words
- Remember to be a good sport at all times
- Tell my instructors when I need help
Respectful and appropriate behaviour includes:
- Following the Camp’s rules of the beach
- Not leaving the Camp grounds without permission
- Not littering
- Not hitting, kicking, biting, or showing any other form of violent/aggressive behaviour
- Not using profane language or making profane gestures
- Not teasing, taunting or gossiping
- Not bullying or intimidating others in any way
- Not bringing electronic devices such as iPods/MP3s, Gameboys, DS, cell phones, etc. to camp
- A completed registration form, signed by a parent or guardian, must be submitted by each family. Verbal registrations are not accepted.
- All forms are available through our online registration system on our website campkatonim.com
- Parents and/or Camp Katonim have the right to cancel this registration, subject to the terms of the Cancellation Policy.
- Although every effort is made to return lost or misplaced articles, the camp cannot be held responsible for lost or stolen property.
- The parent or guardian hereby consents to the use by Camp Katonim of the camper’s photograph and video on the camp website and/or for promotional use, now or in the future.
- Every step is taken to ensure the safety and health of each camper. In the event of sickness or accident, however, the camp cannot accept the liability. It is the responsibility of the parent to ensure that the camper’s medical form is filled out in full by June 20, 2017.
- In the event of an emergency and/or special medical treatment, parents will be notified immediately. If the parents cannot be reached, the parent/guardian hereby grants permission to Camp Katonim to take whatever steps it deems necessary to ensure the safety and health of the camper.
- Parent or guardian will allow camper to participate in all camp activities unless the camp is advised otherwise in writing.
- Parent or guardian acknowledges receipt of the current fee schedule that accompanied the enrollment application form and agrees to make all payments required in accordance with the fee schedule.
- Parent or guardian acknowledges the receipt of the bussing fees that accompanied the enrollment application and agrees to make all payments required for bussing in accordance with the fee schedule, if applicable.
- Fees apply based on weeks being registered for at that time. Additional and/or prior discounts cannot be applied when adding subsequent additional weeks. Only one discount and/or special rate may be applied at any time, discounts cannot be combined.
- Children are not allowed to attend camp until the completed registration form; signed medical form and outstanding camp fees have been received.
CANCELLATION AND REFUND POLICY
- There is a $250.00 non-refundable processing fee per registration for any cancellation.
- Cancellations must be received in writing prior to June 1, 2017 to qualify for a refund.
- There are no refunds after June 1, 2017 without medical documentation.
- Refunds, if applicable, will be issued after September 30, 2017.
- Pro-rated refunds and/or make up days are NOT available for days absent or as a result of services not being fully utilized.
- Camp fees are non-transferable.
- Transfers from one camp session to another may be free of charge if written notice is received by June 1, 2017 (subject to availability). After June 1, 2017, each transfer will incur a $50.00 administration fee. All transfers must be made within the 2017 summer season.